- Media campaigns and advocacy on oil and gas exploration activities.
- Independent observers on Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and Joint Investigation Visits (JIVs).
- Community sensitization and awareness creation campaign on the impacts of illegal refinery and bunkering activities in the Niger Delta.
- On-going advocacy activities with regulatory agencies, oil companies and other relevant stakeholders.
Research and Capacity Buiding
- NACGOND has two of its university-based members: Centre for Ethnic and Conflict Studies (CENTECS), University of Port Harcourt and Centre for Niger Delta Studies (CNDS), Niger Delta University in Bayelsa State, whose major responsibility is to carry out extensive research focusing on environmental issues plaguing the Niger Delta.
- NACGOND is also in partnership with SDN focusing on oil spill management and illegal refineries issues in the Niger Delta.
- NACGOND engages with external experts on oil spill management, pipeline integrity and coalition building.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- We have a Research Team that assess spill sites within 48 hours of being informed and publicly reports its independent findings.
- We also conduct monitoring trips to assess and evaluate clean-up exercises conducted by oil companies.